TODO: Answer the questions below to help you design the persistent
storage aspects of the product. Consider how the reusable sample
text relates to your project or prompts you to think of new ideas.
Add, edit or delete text as needed.
- What are the most important facts that a developer should know
about persistent data storage in this system?
- The first table to understand is TABLE-NAME.
Most other important tables are related to that one. Keep in mind
that COLUMN-NAME is not normalized: it actually holds 3 different
values in a compressed format previously used by LEGACY-SYSTEM.
The most important things for a new developer to keep in mind are:
- We have strict referential integrity rules in place that
constrain the order of dependent table updates.
- We never write SQL code in our application source code, we
always go through LIBRARY-or-STORED-PROCEDURES.
- Do not add indexes without first consulting with PERSON-NAME.
- Please be aware that we started using
LEGACY-TECHNOLOGY, but we are in the middle of a long term
transition to NEW-TECHNOLOGY. Tables are being converted one by
- What are the ranked goals for persistence in this system?
- Ease of access
- Data capacity
- Data security